Last Updated: August 27, 21
As with most legal policies, we’ll need to be a little nerdy here to explain our privacy practices and to show you, our users, that we truly have no nefarious plans for your information. We want you to know our intentions and policies, spell it all out, so that there is no mistake or misunderstanding as to what we do and why we do it. We hope you understand, and we appreciate you bearing with us as we do our obligatory deep dive into how we handle and respect your privacy rights.
1. Information We Collect
When you use the Services, we collect the following types of Information:
- Non-Personal Information
“Non-Personal Information” means information that does not directly, personally identify you, but provides insights regarding your use of the Site. For example, we collect information about your use of the Site, including but not limited to your IP address, online behavior, Internet connections, mobile, or other device computer equipment, sites or other destinations visited before and after using or accessing the Services, date/time stamps, the time of your visits, content viewed, ads viewed, and other similar information about traffic and usage, as you navigate to, through, and away from our Site, including other clickstream data. We use automated information collection tools such as cookies to collect certain types of Non-Personal Information and help us improve our Site.
- Personal Information
“Personal Information” means information that may identify, relate to, describe, or that could be linked or associated with, you or your household. Personal Information that we collect through the Services may include, but is not limited to, your first and last name(s), email, and any other information you provide to us. While using our Services, you may also transmit your communication preferences, your physical location, your demographic information (e.g., your age, marital status, ethnicity/race, and gender), and other information. You are not required to provide us with Personal Information to use and enjoy the Site, but we may not be able to respond to your requests or process your purchases if you do not provide the necessary Personal Information.
If you choose to make a purchase on or through features on the Service(s), you may be required to provide your Personal Information to third parties for services such as credit card or other payment processing, order fulfillment, credit pre-authorization, and address verification. In such cases, the information may be used by us and by such third party(ies), each pursuant to its own policies. You agree that we are not responsible for third parties’ processing of your information.
You may be given the option to receive push notifications while using our Services. In order to serve push notifications, we may need to collect your IP address and a persistent identifier from your device. You can turn off push notifications in your device settings.
Personal Information and Non-Personal Information are collectively referenced as “Information.”
- Geolocation Information
You may choose to allow us to access your location by granting the Site access to your location when prompted or through your device’s location services settings. You may change these settings on your device.
- Third-Party Social Networking Service(s)
If you choose to access, visit, and/or use any third-party social networking service(s) that may be integrated with our Site, we may receive your Personal Information and other information about you and your computer, mobile, or other device that you have made available to those social networking services, including information about your contacts through those services. For example, some social networking services allow you to push content from our Site to your contacts or to pull information about your contacts so you can connect with them on or through our Site. Some social networking services also will facilitate registration or enhance or personalize your experience on our Site. Your decision to use a social networking service in connection with our Site is voluntary. However, you should make sure you are comfortable with the information your third-party social networking services may make available by reviewing privacy policies of those providers and/or modifying your privacy settings directly with those networking sites/services.
2. Where/How We Collect Information
We collect Personal Information and Non-Personal Information about you from a number of sources, as described in greater detail below.
- From You
When you register to use our Services, set up an account, enter a sweepstakes or contest, complete a survey, make a payment, subscribe to our Services, or respond to communications (e.g., surveys, polls, requests for feedback), you may provide your information to us.
- From Third-Parties
- Cookies and Other Technology
3. How We Use Information
We use Non-Personal Information collected by cookies, web beacons, and other Internet tracking technology to store your preferences, improve website navigation, make personalized features and other services available to you, to generate statistical information, monitor and analyze user traffic and usage patterns, monitor and prevent fraud, investigate complaints and potential violations of our policies, to improve the our content and the products, services, materials, and other content that we describe or make available through the Services, and otherwise help administer and improve the Services.
We may identify you from your Personal Information and merge or co-mingle Personal Information and Non-Personal Information. Except as otherwise stated, we may use Information we collect from you for the legitimate business purpose of providing our Services to you, including, but not limited to the following:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the Personal Information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to ask a question about our Services, we will use that Personal Information to respond to your inquiry.
- To establish and secure accounts to use the Services, check on your account status, and to validate your username, e-mail, password, and/or other login credentials.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Services, including without limitation, to conduct aggregate or research analysis and develop business intelligence that helps us to enhance, improve, evaluate, operate, protect, make informed decisions about, and report on the performance of our Services.
- To communicate information and promotional materials to you, where you have not expressed a preference otherwise, and to send you information and updates about the Services and any changes to relevant agreements, policies, or other terms, and to enforce such terms.
- To work with our service providers, who perform certain business functions or services on our behalf.
- To prevent or investigate fraud, or for risk management purposes, and to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- To comply with legal obligations, court orders, or in order to exercise any legal claim or to defend against any legal claim.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about our consumers is among the assets transferred.
- As otherwise described to you when collecting your Personal Information.
In addition, we may use third‐party e‐mail providers to deliver communications to you. This is an opt-in e-mail program. If you no longer want to receive these e-mail communications, you may opt-out of receiving e-mail communications through the “unsubscribe” link or by using the contact form at https://atticus.io/support.
We may, from time to time, invite you to participate in online surveys. The information requested in these surveys may include, but is not limited to, your opinions, beliefs, insights, ideas, activities, experience, purchase history, and purchase intent regarding products, events, and Services. The information collected by these surveys is used to research market trends, company growth, community needs, etc. Your input will help us to improve customer experience and shape development of our products and Services.
4. How We Share Information
We do not sell or rent your Personal Information. We may share Non-Personal Information, such as impressions and click data, with business partners and service providers. We may share your Personal Information with the following parties:
- Service providers that help us administer and provide the Services (for example, a web hosting company whose services we use to host our platform). These third-party services providers have access to your Personal Information only for the purpose of performing services on our behalf. While we may seek to require such third parties to follow appropriate privacy policies, you agree that we do not bear any responsibility for any actions or policies of third parties. A list of these third parties is available upon request;
- As we believe necessary: (i) under applicable law; (ii) to enforce applicable terms and conditions; (iii) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; (iv) to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; (v) to respond to claims that contact information (e.g. name, e-mail address, etc.) of a third-party has been posted or transmitted without their consent or as a form of harassment; and (vi) to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, which may include authorities outside your country of residence; and
- Pursuant to your express consent.
5. Information Security
We take reasonable steps online and offline to safeguard the Personal Information that you provide to us, including: Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encrypted connections (HTTPS), secure multi-tiered firewalls, encryption (with additional detail), and secure cloud-based environments. While we endeavor to protect your Information, it is common knowledge that transmission of information via the internet is not wholly secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information, or any other information, transmitted to or through our Site or Service. Any transmission of Personal Information, or other information, is at your own risk. By using our Site and/or Service, you acknowledge and accept these risks.
If you have any questions about security on our Services, or if you become aware of any unauthorized use of an account, loss of your account credentials, or suspect a security breach, notify us immediately via our contact form at atticus.io/support. If our security system is breached, we will notify you of the breach to the extent required under applicable law.
6. Information Retention
7. Additional Information for California Residents
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request and obtain a list of what Personal Information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. Requests may be made only once a year and are free of charge. Under Section 1798.83, California residents are entitled to request and obtain such information, by e-mailing a request to [email protected] For more information regarding your privacy rights as a California resident, please see our Privacy Notice for California Residents [https://atticus.io/california-privacy-notice].
8. Additional Information for EEA Residents
EEA residents whose Personal Information we have collected (“Data Subjects”) may have additional rights respecting their Personal Information, including rights to specific disclosures and rights to control their Personal Information. Please see below for more information.
- Legal Bases for Processing Your Information
We process your Personal Information for the bases further described below.
- For Legitimate Interests. We may use your Personal Information for the legitimate business purpose of providing our Services to you. For example, we use your Personal Information to administer the Services, help diagnose problems with our Services and provide support, to communicate information to you, to improve our Services and customize our Services to your preferences, to work with our service providers, to show you content and sponsored messaging, to prevent or investigate fraud or to comply with legal obligations, and for other purposes identified to you and as requested by you.
- Your Choices, Access, and Rights to Your Personal Information
Data Subjects may have the following rights and options with regard to accessing, reviewing, correcting, and updating their Personal Information:
- Right to Access. We respect your right to access and control your information, and we will respond to requests for information and, where applicable, will correct, amend, or delete your Personal Information.
- How to Access Your Personally Identifiable Information. You may choose to access or update Personal Information, by logging into the account you have created with our Service(s), if applicable.
- Access to Personal Information. You may choose to access your Personal Information by contacting us and requesting access, a process which shall include our identity verification procedures. Before providing data to you, we will ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interaction with us so that we can locate any relevant data. We may also charge you a fee for providing you with a copy of your data (except where this is not permissible under local law).
- Updating Communications Preferences (Opt-Out) and Unsubscribing. You may choose to receive promotional offers, newsletters, and similar communications from us regarding our products and services and the products and services of our affiliated organizations. You may opt out of receiving such communications from us by communicating your preferences to us at [email protected], or in the case of e-mails, by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in the applicable e-mail.
- Right to Rectify — Correction and Deletion. Citizens of some jurisdictions, including the EEA, have the right to correct or amend their Personal Information if it is inaccurate or requires updating. You may also have the right to request deletion of your Personal Information; however, this is not always possible due to legal requirements and other obligations and factors. Remember that you can update your account information by contacting us at [email protected]
- Right to Erasure / Be Forgotten. Data Subjects may have the right to request that we delete your Personal Information in certain circumstances, such as if holding the Personal Information is no longer necessary or if part of your Right to Object (below). Please note that if you request erasure of your account, we, in complying with your request, shall also delete any and all research data that has been submitted to us through our Services. It is your responsibility at all times to ensure that you are in compliance with all applicable rules, policies, and regulations at the institutional, administrative, and federal levels regarding retention of research data, including, but not limited to, United States regulations governing retention and disposal of research records.
- Right to Object. Data Subjects may have the right to object to the use of Personal Information for direct marketing uses, scientific uses, or historical research. If you do not wish to have your Personal Information shared with third parties, contact our Data Protection Officer as described at the end of this document. If you do not wish to receive future commercial messages from us, simply follow the unsubscribe instructions contained within the message you receive. (But note that you may continue to receive certain communications from us, such as transactional or relationship messages, and/or messages about your account/profile).
- Right to Restrict Processing. Citizens of some jurisdictions, including the EEA, have the right to request that we stop processing their Personal Information.
- Right to Data Portability. A Data Subject has the right to request that we provide your Personal Information for the purpose of sharing it with another service provider (through a secure process).
- Filing a Complaint. A Data Subject who is not satisfied with how we manage your Personal Information has the right to make a complaint to a data protection regulator. A list of National Data Protection Authorities can be found here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
- Geographic Information Transfers
However, this does not change our commitments to safeguarding your privacy, and we will comply with all applicable laws relating to cross-border data disclosure of your Personal Information. Where required, we implement Standard Contractual Clauses with our third parties pursuant to the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (the “GDPR”), and you may request a copy of the Standard Contractual Clauses by emailing us at [email protected] Where we receive requests for information from law enforcement or regulators, we carefully validate these requests before disclosing any Personal Information.
9. Links to Third Party Sites
10. Children’s Privacy
We do not sell products or services for purchase by anyone under the age of thirteen (13). In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), we will never knowingly request or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of thirteen (13) without verifiable parental consent. In the event that we receive actual knowledge that we have collected such Personal Information without the requisite and verifiable parental consent, we will delete that information from our database as quickly as is practical. We reserve the right to request proof of age at any stage so that we can verify that minors are not using the Service(s).
12. How to Contact Us
By e-mail: [email protected]
By regular mail: Atticus LLC
ATTN: Privacy Officer
1309 Coffeen Ave. Ste. 2513
Sheridan, WY 82801